About our Glee Program and Accomplishments
St. Rose of Lima Glee is an award-winning program that is comprised of selected students from 4th to 8th grade, under the direction of Mr. Joseph Advento. This after school program enhances the talents of music, dance and acting, in styles of classical, modern pop and theatrical Broadway. The program was first established in 2011 with a small choral group, and since then has developed into a large program of about 30 students each year, and has even branched out to include Jr. Glee (comprised of 2nd and 3rd graders) and Glee Camp (during the summer).
Glee members have performed for the Diocese of San Diego when needed, at various schools and parishes, and at other public events, such as Petco Park, the City of Chula Vista, and the University of San Diego. Glee has been awarded and recognized for the following:
The members of St. Rose of Lima Glee and Jr. Glee learn so much and enjoy performing, even Glee Alumni get excited when they are invited back! The program has promoted an appreciation for the arts, teaches patience and responsibility, and, most of all, builds confidence, self-esteem and self-worth.
Glee & Jr. Glee Member Registration
Glee Students & Parent Members only communication tool for events, calendar, attendance:
Get updates from our Glee Schedule and performances & visit our teamapp website or download it in your phone
This program is to create a group composed of talented students who will perform for school, parish and public events. This group will also be the choir for the St. Rose of Lima school Masses.
The main objectives in forming this group are:
1. to give students the opportunity to develop and enhance their talents in music, acting, and dance;
2. to instill an awareness and liking towards the arts;
3. to awaken the sense of creativity that builds confidence and provides an opportunity for self-expression;
4. to stimulate growth of character through cooperative effort, self-discipline, responsibility, patience, attention to detail and desire for excellence
5. to praise and thank the Lord through music and arts.